Support Us

We rely on the support of our community!

Ticket sales typically cover only 60% of Master Arts’ operational costs. The remaining 40% comes from generous donors like you. Your support allows us to keep ticket prices affordable while providing a platform for artistic expression and skill development.

For nearly 40 years, Master Arts Theatre has fostered a welcoming, Christ-centered environment for adults and children to explore theatre. Your continued support has been vital to our success especially now as we address important repairs to the building as we get ready for our 40th anniversary.

This year, our summer acting program saw record enrollment with 50 participants and a waitlist! Ticket sales alone can’t cover all our expenses, and your donations are essential for programs like this as is our building.

Thanks to your support Mater Arts has been able to be a place for thousands to express their artistic sides or enjoy a show with family and friends.

Would you please consider supporting Master Arts by donating, buying ads, or sponsoring a season?


Emmalyn Burri

One great example of the impact Master Arts has on these youth through our summer programs is Emmalyn Burri. Here is Emmalyn’s story:

Hi, I’m Emmalyn!  I found Master Arts through their Wayland Youth Camp in 2016 and have since worked my way up to acting in mainstage shows, as well as working on set painting and costumes behind the scenes. You may recognize my face from Spread Your Garment Over Me.

Something you may not know about me is that I am on the autism spectrum.  Master Arts has provided me with a safe environment where I’m able to be myself and pursue my interests while being surrounded by friends.  Being here has also helped me grow in my faith in a unique way – not just by attending, but by sharing with believers and actively praising God.  Thank you, Master Arts!

Kelli Burns

Kelli was 15 years old when a teacher recommended that she join Master Arts Theatre’s Summer Stock program. She’d always had a desire to try acting but hadn’t yet had the opportunity. Kelli instantly fell in love with theatre and found that it gave her a creative outlet that she’d not had before.

Since that first production, Kelli has participated in over 20 shows. Her experience at MAT inspired her to pursue and earn a degree in theatre at Aquinas College. She graduated in 2015. Kelli now uses her experience and skills at MAT, helping others realize and live out their passion for Jesus and the arts, and serves as the administrative assistant/box office coordinator for Master Arts Theatre.

Andrew Gommesen

Andrew was first introduced to the community at Master Arts Theatre as a young student. He was sitting in the audience to support his brother onstage. “I remember thinking, ‘There’s no way they can do this show in this little auditorium,’” recalled Andrew. “I was very impressed.”

His first audition was for the 2005 production of It’s a Wonderful Life. As a wheelchair user he assumed he would only be eligible for the role of Mr. Potter. To his delight, the director, Pris McDonald, gave him the role of Sam Wainwright, George and Mary’s big-hearted friend. “Pris was the first person to take a chance on me and put me onstage. She had the vision to see what I could accomplish.”

Most recently, Andrew played the role of the Ghost of Christmas Present in A Christmas Carol. He sees the theatre as a place where people can escape from their troubles for just a little while and be encouraged.